BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We Believe Our Exceptionally-Qualified Nominees Are The Right Individuals to Help Maximize Stockholder Value and Realize AIV’s True Potential
Michelle Applebaum possesses 30+ years of experience working in capital markets and advising institutional investors and CEOs, has significant leadership experience working at a senior level in a large multinational company, and has served as a public company director. If elected, we believe Ms. Applebaum would be ideally positioned to help Aimco improve its corporate governance and regain credibility with the investment community.
- Former equity analyst and Managing Director with Salomon Brothers (later Citigroup) and became ranked number one in steel equity analysis by Institutional Investor Magazine for much of her career with the firm.
- Michelle later established an equity research and corporate advisory consultancy knowns for its independence; she worked with nearly 100 of the country’s largest institutional shareholders and asserted her independence by refusing advisory assignments and denying access to her equity research to any covered companies.
- Previously served as a director of Northwest Pipe Company (NASDAQ: NWPX), the largest manufacturer of engineered steel pipe water systems in North America, from September 2014 to June 2020, where she played a significant role in enhancing corporate governance and transforming the company by exiting unprofitable business lines, acquiring a competitor, and advising the company on shareholder communication.
- Frequent speaker guest speaker at National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) events and author for NACD magazine, focusing on shareholder engagement and corporate governance.
James P. Sullivan
James P. Sullivan possesses extensive expertise in the real estate industry and advising REITs, as well as significant investment, leadership, and boardroom experience. If elected, we believe Mr. Sullivan would be able to immediately help improve Aimco’s capital allocation, overall strategy, and investor outreach.
- Most recently spent over twenty-five years at Green Street, a top-rated investment research firm that focuses on commercial real estate, as Senior Advisor of Research and before that, as President of Green Street’s Advisory Group.
- Prior to Green Street, worked as a real estate investment banker and construction lender at Bank of America (NYSE: BAC), and Manufacturers Hanover Trust Company.
- Currently serves as a member of the board of directors of Bixby Land Company, a privately owned real estate company, since 2016, where he serves as Chairman of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Audit Committee.
- Currently serves as a member of the board of directors of The James Campbell Company, a private, Hawaii-based, nationally diversified real estate company, since May 2022, where he serves as a member of the Compensation and Audit Committees.